Sunday, November 4, 2012

Adieu, Ameba Pico..?

Pico has announced its final day, December 17, 2012. This a lot sooner than I expect for this virtual game to close its doors. On the day Pico announced this, several petitions were instantly created. The determination to keep Pico open is good, yes. But as for whenever they would make a difference, I'm not so sure. 
The CyberAgents has already reach their conclusion to end Ameba Pico two years after creating it. It seems to me that the chance that they would take our petitions into consideration are quite slim.
Following up from my previous post, a much better chance to voice your opinions is through Norishige Nagase, the operating officer and general manager of Ameba. Send him messages about your feelings regarding this matter. If many Pico players are willing to cooperate and do this, I have high hopes that they won't just overpass it. 

Now, I know that these past few months Ameba Pico has been an asshole to all of us. Hardly anything they released deserve a compliment. Despite that, what made the game tolerable was the social life I have on there, and I'm positive that I'm not the only one who feel this way. All the friends I've made, all around the world. To think that there are people, each from so many different parts of the world, yet we made a connection, share interests, and became friend through this small virtual game. 
So please, do whatever you can to keep this game going At least for now..


2 comments:

  1. Scarlett... u now... i am really miss u ( TT 3 TT ) just tell me ur pigg name please,,, then.... i won't this sad..... losing all of my pico friend... .............. u too.... missss uuuu ( > A<)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarlett, I've never seen you use crude language before ("asshole"?) ... and I love it!

    I will definitely miss seeing your smiling (and mostly asleep) face in Pico, but I hope to see you in Pigg sometime soon.

    My Pigg ID is grapheme
    http://ameblo.jp/grapheme

    ♥ ♥ ♥ Hieroglyph

    ReplyDelete